The Simple Past Of The Verb “ To Be”


The Simple Past Of The Verb “ To Be”




1- The Form of The  Simple Past  of the Verb “To be’’ 

  

Affirmative


Interrogative

Negative

I       was

He   was

She  was

It      was

You  were

We  were

They were



Was I ?

Was  he ?

Was  she ?

Was  it ?

Were you ?

Were we ?

Were they ?



I   was not

He was not

She was not

It  was not

You were not

We were not

They were not

      


2- The Uses Of The Simple Past  Tense:


1- The simple past is used principally to describe events in the past.



Note 1: Wasn’t : is the short form of = was not.


Note 1: Weren’t : is the short form of = were not



Examples:


-My father was in Japan in 2005

- He was my boyfriend

- Was Sarah with you ?

- Were you together?

- She was my best friend

- I was not in Japan in 2005

- Adam wasn’t my boyfriend

- We were not in Iceland

- They weren’t together 
 

Quote of the Day

“You'll never know everything about anything, especially something you love.”

- Julia Child

More Quotes