Reflexive Pronouns

Reflexive Pronouns

https://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=629717503532797730#editor/target=post;postID=477985878810460686




Today I attended a lesson on Reflexive Pronouns 

          1-Forms in the English language are:

I .......... myself 

You (singular) ..........Yourself 

You (plural).......... Yourselves 

He .......... Himself 

She.......... Herself 

It .......... Itself 

We.......... Ourselves 

They.......... Themselves

                    2-Definition Reflexive Pronouns


When the subject and the object of   the sentence are the 

same .

Example:

I Snapped Myself with a knife .

We note in this example that the actor here "I" and the 

effect it is also the "I" so we replaced the word


( Me = Myself ) 

*He  presented  himself to the class

We note here also that the actor "is"   The object "is" the 

same so it was out of wholesale



*He  presented  he to the class


replace "He" Conscientiously reflex conveniently not 

have "Himself".


                      3-The second case

We use these pronouns when we would like to confirm 

the actor.


Example:

I myself drove the car 

We conclude The spokesman here assures us that it is the 

work of one and not the other. 



 

Quote of the Day

“You'll never know everything about anything, especially something you love.”

- Julia Child

More Quotes