What is the difference Present Perfect and Past Simple? (I have done and I did)

What is the difference Present Perfect and Past Simple?

https://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=629717503532797730#editor/target=post;postID=2764657635626926027




Note    We don’t use the present perfect (I 

have done) when you talk

about a finished time





A- When we Use a past tense:



1-Usage


Use a past tense to ask  (When ...? or What time ?)


Example


Ø  The party was great yesterday.

Ø  I ate a lot of sweets Last week   

Ø  She arrived 12 minutes ago

Ø  What time did you finish work?


  B- When we Use  Present perfect

2-Usage


v  We use  Present perfect to show action 

that is complete at the time of speaking
 

Example


Ø  Tom has driven 600 kilometers so far

Ø  I have studied 4 sections until now
  





1- Compare present perfect and past:
  

 Present perfect (have done)




v  We use the present perfect for a period of 

time that continues from the

   past until now  For example, today, this 

week, since 1985.



Example




Ø  I've done a lot of exercises to day
  
Ø  Have you seen Sarah recently?
 
Ø  It hasn't rained these months.
 
Ø  Have you seen Sarah this evening?


  

     Note         The present perfect always has a connection with now.



  


past simple (did)


  We use the past simple for a finished time in 

the past. For example, yesterday,

last  week, from 2001 to 2009.


Example


Ø  Did you see Sarah this 

afternoon?
Ø  I worked 4 h last week

Ø  I drove 500 kilometers yesterday
 
Ø  I didn't play tennis when I was on 
Paris  last summer.
 


Note :                   The past simple 

tells us only about the past.


   



I Hope you like this lesson don’t forget put 

your Your touch For more lessons check here 



 

Quote of the Day

“You'll never know everything about anything, especially something you love.”

- Julia Child

More Quotes