Simple Present Tense


Simple Present Tense

1- The Form of The Simple Present Tense:


Affirmative


Interrogative

Negative

I work


Do I work?

I don’t work

He works


Does he work?


He doesn’t work

She works


Does she work?


She doesn’t work

It works


Does it work?

It doesn’t work

You work


Do you work?

You don’t work

We work


Do we work?

We don’t work

They work


Do they work?

They don’t work



2-The Uses Of The Simple Present Tense :

A- Use Simple Present for facts and habits that always true , never change .


Look at this examples :



*To talk about facts :

-I like soda

-I live in Japan

-It rains a lot here


*To talk about habits :


-She drives fast

-I go out every Saturday


To talk about job :

-My father works as a teacher


For a general truth

-Water boils at 100 c

2- Signal Words of Simple Present :

A-These words tell you that you use the present simple :




Always – usually – never – seldom – often – 

sometimes


 B-We can also find other phrases like :



Every week – every day – every year


After work – on Mondays



  You may also be interested by :

Show Comments: OR

Post a Comment